Every vehicle on the road depends on a stable electrical system. Electrical malfunctions can cause anythign from lighting malfunctions, irregular engine firing or total vehicle failure.
The experts at 1 Stop Auto use specialized electrical diagnostic equipment to access your vehicle’s data bus feedback and pinpoint the cause of any electrical problems. Our electrical system service includes:
- A thorough visual inspection of battery and case condition
- Check to ensure your battery can still deliver power at factory spec, and replace it if necessary
- Electrical cable connections are examined and cleaned, if necessary
- Engine diagnostics may be necessary to troubleshoot sophisticated systems or complex electrical problems
Don’t let electrical issues go unchecked the consequences are things we all want to avoid, being left stranded or even an electrical fire at worst can be avoided.
There are dozens of electrical components needed to route power in your vehicle’s electrical system and these can vary greatly according to vehicle make, model and age. Your electrical system includes your vehicle’s battery, alternator and starter. Many new vehicles also feature sophisticated computer systems that affect functions like steering, brakes, sensors, and more. All of these electrical components make it difficult to diagnose the cause of vehicle electrical problems, but most begin and end with your battery.
How do I know when it’s time to have my vehicle’s electrical system serviced?
Batteries usually last between three and seven years, so it’s a smart idea to replace yours every four years as a safety measure. Have your vehicle’s electrical system checked immediately if:
- Your vehicle won’t start – you turn your key and hear clicking, grinding, or no sound at all
- Interior or dashboard lights do not illuminate properly
- Your vehicle runs well, but the headlights dim while you’re traveling at low speeds, or idling at a stop