Your exhaust system is important, it helps keep harmful exhaust from going anywhere unwanted and further to keep your vehicle engine noise at the level intended.
Normal wear and certain weather conditions can cause material damage, break, wear down exhaust components over time. The comprehensive muffler and exhaust system service performed by 1 Stop Auto includes:
- Exhaustive inspection of all components from downpipes to exhaust tips
- Replacing all exhaust system parts that are missing, worn out or malfunctioning
Why is it important for all vehicle owners to maintaint their exhaust sytem?
Maintaining your muffler and exhaust system not only helps to cut down on engine noise, it helps protect you and all others from carbon monoxide and/or carbon dioxide fumes and helps reduce pollutants released into the environment. Your emissions system:
- Directs harmful engine-exhaust gases away from the inside of your vehicle
- Reduces pollutants released into the atmosphere
- Minimizes engine-exhaust noises
How often should I get my exhaust system serviced or checked?
1 Stop Auto recommends having your exhaust system checked out at least once a year.
- It’s easy to tell when your muffler needs repair, you may hear noise or rattling as components wear down.
- Your emissions system can have other, more serious problems that aren’t quite so obvious to detect
- Stuck valves, catalytic converter malfunction or pin holes could allow deadly carbon monoxide to leak into your vehicle or things as simple as loose brackets can cause noise.