Doing a preventive tune up will keep your engines efficiency in a few ways, this equates to better gas mileage, overall smooth running, even cylinder firing, drive stability.
Modern internal combustion engines are advanced and difficult to troubleshoot. That’s why 1 Stop Auto uses dealer quality sophisticated engine diagnostic equipment, vehicle computer data to pinpoint problems and worn parts. Depending on the age and model of your vehicle, your engine tune-up service includes:
- Physical inspection of the entire engine. Ex: belts, leaks, or any odd noises.
- A print out of any check engine light fault codes.
- Inspection of Driveline components and irregular tire wear.
- Inspection of Braking system.
- Topping-off of any low fluids and checking wiper blade wear.
- Our Tune-up inspections are in-depth and if there any issues we will report that to you the customer with our suggested resolutions of problems found.
Why are tune-ups important for all vehicles as they age?
Normal vehicle usage causes almost all moving parts of your engine to lose their efficiency because of temperature and vibration wear effects.
- Regular tune-ups help maintain vehicle performance, safety by ensuring that worn or failing parts are replaced promptly
Tune-ups can help you achieve maximum fuel efficiency and vehicle performance
- When to get a tune-up
Tune-ups are an important part of regular vehicle maintenance and should be scheduled annually. You should schedule a tune-up sooner if you notice any of the following:
- Your gas mileage is decreasing
- You experience a loss of power or torque
- Your engine sounds like it’s running rough or stalls out at a stop
- You hear knocking or pinging sounds when accelerating or after the ignition is turned off
- Your check engine light remains on after your initial start